The News
Not Death and Politics, Real News

A couple having sex for the first time were left with serious injuries - after the man used a plastic bag as a condom.  The unnamed duo, who were having intercourse for the first time, were treated in hospital for genital lesions, abrasions and bleeding.

Doctor Nguyen The Luong, deputy director of Hanoi Kidney Hospital, said that the couple were both college students, reports news site Tuoi Tre.  He said the male was too shy to go out and buy condoms.  Dr Luong added that the pair, who live in Vietnam, have been examined and are on antibiotics to help them recover.

According to the doctor, plastic bags, having no elasticity and lubrication, are entirely unsuitable for this purpose.  They can cause scratches and vaginal tearing and are not suitable for the protection offered by condoms.

According to Tuoi tre, a study by the Medical University of Hanoi and Hanoi Medical College conducted on 2,700 students from six universities in Hanoi found that 16% of students surveyed claimed to have had intercourse - but just a third said they had used a condom the first time.  Around 25% said they found buying protection embarrassing.

Embarrassment goes a long way to keep some injured people away from the ER although some are helped past this emotion by sheer pain.  Here are a few examples;

  1. "I worked as an orderly in the local ER as a university student and a man came in with a vacuum cleaner hose stuck on his penis.
    "He arrived wearing a sweater, shoes and a blanket and insisted that he had been instructed to clean his house while nude because of his dust allergy.
    "While vacuuming, the man had become (his words), “inexplicably fatigued” and took an impromptu nap with the Vacuum still running.  At this time, his penis must have flopped into the vacuum hose.  
    His arousal was, he insisted, involuntary.
    "The hose was finally cut off with a surgical rotary saw."

  2. "Elderly man and wife enter the ED. The male's in obvious distress, but he initially refused to elaborate in triage.  Once roomed, he will not speak with his wife present.
    "When alone with staff, he finally tells us. He had a plastic easter egg lodged deep in his rectum.  Asked with what happened, he simply replies: 'I wanted to know what it's like to be a chicken.'"

  3. "Friend of mine is an A&E nurse. She had a man come in whose scrotum had been ripped open. It turned out he liked to wade into the local pond stark naked and scatter bread around his genitalia for the ducks to nibble on.
    "One had got impatient and gone for the whole payday in one chomp, and refused to let go.  He had eventually ripped the skin pulling it off."

  4. "Teenager comes in complaining that he can't pee. I take him to an examination room and ask him to drop his pants, and to my utter surprise I see 2 iPhone ear buds sticking out of his penis!
    "His story was that he was sleeping naked while listening to music and his ear buds must have fallen out, and while he was tossing and turning, they naturally worked their way into his penis.
    "Anyway he ended up needing surgery because they'd knotted and we were unable to remove them with the cystoscope."

  5. "My aunt is a doctor (and usually pretty strict about her vow of silence) and one day this old guy showed up with a carrot stuck in his a*****e. It's obviously awkward so my aunt decided not to ask too many questions.
    "But the dude was constantly like 'how did this happen?' and I SWEAR TO GOD (well, my aunt does) that the guy kept asking if it might've been because he'd eaten carrot soup two days before."

  6. A urologist said he'd had a few incidents recently, citing one as: "Penis stuck in the handles of a pair of scissors. The penis had gotten so swollen that we couldn't get the scissors off despite squeezing his penis for 30 min. Had to dremel off the scissors.
    "He said that he fell asleep in his chair while doing arts and crafts naked, and didn't realize until he woke up that the scissors had ring-tossed onto his dong."
  7. "A teenage boy came into the Emergency Department with his mother. I remember he was wearing a long coat and looked kind of glum.
    "Turns out he'd ordered too much KFC and had a drumstick left so what did he decide to do? That's right, he shoved it up his ass.  Now, the ass wants what it wants and refused to give the chicken leg back, so after some unsuccessful manipulation he did what any teenage boy would do in a situation with no easy solution.  "He called his mother. After she also failed to remove the chicken leg, it was determined that a visit to hospital was in order."
    "I remember that after the receptionist took the details she directed them to the waiting room and told them to 'sit over there' and with a perfectly straight face the Mum said, 'I think we'll stand.'"

Comments (0)

There are no comments posted here yet

Leave your comments

  1. Posting comment as a guest. Sign up or login to your account.
Attachments (0 / 3)
Share Your Location