Flasher Forums
The best place for a message drop

Random Blogs

24 October 2016
Uncategorized
Public Flashing
Was 18 at the time; I was taking shower when I heard the door ringing....
29 January 2016
Interstate Flashing
Public Flashing
We headed  out yesterday on I 65 south when we got on the interstate the wife's clothes started coming off as I was starting to merge onto the interstate I had to let two trucks hauling bricks ge...
22 February 2016
Uncategorized
Interstate Flashing
Public Flashing
The first time I Flashed..... I was on my home from work, it was twilight. my widows are tinted.
15 January 2016
Interstate Flashing
Public Flashing
We have been doing this flashing thing for a long time now.  Looking back on it I can’t really remember exactly how or when we started doing it but if I do recall I know it wasn’t an intentional ...
03 February 2016
Public Flashing
I took my wife to the local pizza parlor to eat.  We decided to sit in a booth.  The place wasn't very busy and there was an older couple sitting at another booth.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: General Announcement

General Announcement 1 year 3 weeks ago #1373

I was told last Friday, Jan 18, that as of Feb 2, the company I work for will not lease or operate trucks any longer. The lease on our truck is up Feb 2, so we will turn it in on Feb 1.

This means I wont be employed. I will be 60 years old this year & I have been considering getting out of a truck & possibly getting into something transportation related like dispatch, safety, DOT compliance or possibly becoming an instructor at a driver training academy. So, I am looking for something in this line of work outside of the cab. So, after 34 years of holding a steering wheel, as much as I enjoy being in a truck & on the road.... alone, I think it has run its course. With DOT/FMCSA rules getting more stupid with DOT physical requirements, ELOGS, etc, etc, I think I am ready to move on.
Now, this doesn't mean it will happen because I may not find that job, I may find another "tater" driving job for enough pay to keep me happy, & stay in a truck of some sort, even if its a class B truck.
Either way, I should continue to be around on the forum, but at this point, about 10 more days out here & that may end my career as a driver. We'll just have to wait & see.

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up.... just in case.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Driftin Ghost

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

General Announcement 1 year 3 weeks ago #1374

I'm glad you'll be hanging around here still. Best of luck IBLookin on whatever the next chapter brings you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: IBLookin

General Announcement 1 year 3 weeks ago #1375

That doesn't mean you can't be around here, surely?

General Announcement 1 year 3 weeks ago #1376

Absolutely. I plan to still be around here no matter what job title I end up with. I wont count my chicks before my eggs hatch but I have a good line on a job now that will get me out of a truck but will keep me in the industry. At this point, after references, resume, letters of recommendation from former employers & an initial phone conversation, it looks like a go, but I still have a formal interview Monday Feb 4.

General Announcement 1 year 3 weeks ago #1377

good luck hope everything works out
The following user(s) said Thank You: IBLookin

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.707 seconds