Flasher Forums
The best place for a message drop

Random Blogs

24 October 2016
Uncategorized
Public Flashing
Was 18 at the time; I was taking shower when I heard the door ringing....
11 August 2016
Uncategorized
Interstate Flashing
Public Flashing
Mrs. Ghost and I hadn't had any flashing fun in a couple of months. Damn schedules and real world BS. We hadn't planned on having any this weekend, but as with most good things, it just happened. We h...
15 January 2016
Interstate Flashing
Public Flashing
We have been doing this flashing thing for a long time now.  Looking back on it I can’t really remember exactly how or when we started doing it but if I do recall I know it wasn’t an intentional ...
22 February 2016
Uncategorized
Interstate Flashing
Public Flashing
The first time I Flashed..... I was on my home from work, it was twilight. my widows are tinted.
02 June 2016
Interstate Flashing
Public Flashing
 I am relating an incident that happened last summer while I was driving south bound on Hwy 101 and having some fun teasing truckers, with the last truck having both a driver and co-driver passen...
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: General Announcement

General Announcement 8 months 3 weeks ago #1373

I was told last Friday, Jan 18, that as of Feb 2, the company I work for will not lease or operate trucks any longer. The lease on our truck is up Feb 2, so we will turn it in on Feb 1.

This means I wont be employed. I will be 60 years old this year & I have been considering getting out of a truck & possibly getting into something transportation related like dispatch, safety, DOT compliance or possibly becoming an instructor at a driver training academy. So, I am looking for something in this line of work outside of the cab. So, after 34 years of holding a steering wheel, as much as I enjoy being in a truck & on the road.... alone, I think it has run its course. With DOT/FMCSA rules getting more stupid with DOT physical requirements, ELOGS, etc, etc, I think I am ready to move on.
Now, this doesn't mean it will happen because I may not find that job, I may find another "tater" driving job for enough pay to keep me happy, & stay in a truck of some sort, even if its a class B truck.
Either way, I should continue to be around on the forum, but at this point, about 10 more days out here & that may end my career as a driver. We'll just have to wait & see.

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up.... just in case.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Driftin Ghost

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

General Announcement 8 months 3 weeks ago #1374

I'm glad you'll be hanging around here still. Best of luck IBLookin on whatever the next chapter brings you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: IBLookin

General Announcement 8 months 2 weeks ago #1375

That doesn't mean you can't be around here, surely?

General Announcement 8 months 2 weeks ago #1376

Absolutely. I plan to still be around here no matter what job title I end up with. I wont count my chicks before my eggs hatch but I have a good line on a job now that will get me out of a truck but will keep me in the industry. At this point, after references, resume, letters of recommendation from former employers & an initial phone conversation, it looks like a go, but I still have a formal interview Monday Feb 4.

General Announcement 8 months 2 weeks ago #1377

good luck hope everything works out
The following user(s) said Thank You: IBLookin

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.290 seconds